THE AFRICAN AMERICAN CULTURAL CENTER OF THE CAPITAL REGION, INC.
BlueLight Development Group is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt development consulting firm specializing in
space design, strategic planning, and financial analysis.
BlueLight is based in Albany, New York.
SCHEDULE AND DESCRIPTIONS OF PRINCPLES
December 26: Umoja (Unity)
To strive for and maintain unity in the family, community, nation and heritage.
1. Audre Lorde - There Is No Hierarchy of Oppressions
2. David Hoffman Films - The Unity of the Southern Black Community Before Integration
3. Malcolm X - Africanism and Organizing Afro-Americans
December 27: Kujichagulia (Self-Determination)
To define, name, create and speak for ourselves.
4. The New York Times - Why A Gay, Black Civil Rights Hero Opposed Affirmative Action
5. Bayard Rustin - On the Success and Failures of the Civil Rights Movement
December 28: Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility)
To build and maintain our community together and make our communities' problems our problems and to solve them together.
6. Michael Eric Dyson - Responsibility in the Black Community
7. Ta-Nehisi Coates - Personal Responsibility Won't Help African-Americans
8. Chuck D - More People Need to Accept the Responsibility of Being an OG
9. The Real News - Does the Black Political Class Bear Some Responsibility for SCOTUS voting Rights Act Decision?
December 29: Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics)
To build and maintain our own businesses and infrastructure in pursuit of profit together.
10. Andrew F. Brimmer - How to Seize Business and New Market Opportunities
11. Thomas Sowell - The Ethnic Flaw
December 30: Nia (Purpose)
To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community.
12. Lorraine Hansberry - The Black Revolution and the White Backlash
December 31: Kuumba (Creativity)
To do as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.
13. Kara Walker and Ava DuVernay - The Un-Private Collection
January 1: Imani (Faith)
To believe, with all our heart, in the righteous motivation to liberate and love all our people.
14. Brandon Cleaver - Black History Month and the Early African Influence on Christianity
15. Dr. Melissa Harris-Perry - Religion and the Black Community
16. Dr. Trevor O'Reggio - The Forgotten History of Christianity